RKID Class Information and How to Join Us
Where and When
The Ring of Kerry Irish Dancers welcomes adults and children (aged 18 and up). Skill levels among our members range from total beginners to dancers with years of experience.
It's desirable to have:
- A sense of humor
- Comfortable shoes
- Two feet (preferably one right and one left, but don't let having two left feet stop you)
But you do NOT need:
- A partner
- Irish ancestry
- Previous dance experience
Cost per Person
- $20 annual membership fee, covering each October through September of the following year, entitling you to enroll in classes and attend RKIDs events
- $50 class tuition per Fall semester (September - December)
- $50 class tuition per Winter/Spring semester (January - May)
To enroll in a class, you must be a member whose dues are paid through the duration of the class. So to enroll in September for a Fall semester, you must also pay the membership fee for the following October - September time frame. Download our membership application form.
Summarizing, to attend the Fall semester, your total fee is $70 ($20 annual membership plus $50 for the tuition). To attend the Winter/Spring semester, as an ongoing member your fee is $50 (since you would have already paid your membership fee in September of the prior year), unless you join or renew at that time. Class fees are not prorated over the course of a semester.
There are two sequential class sections per night each semester. After the first section, we have announcements, then the second section begins. Depending on your qualifications, you choose to participate in either the nightly Core Skills (Beginners) class section or the Advanced class section per semester. See our Who We Are page for more information on the content and expectations of each class.
Take a free class! Print out the voucher and bring it along to so you can try a class at no risk. Membership is not required for this one-time voucher use.
As an annual member, you are entitled to, but don't have to, enroll in classes. Members also get these benefits:
- Invitation for one year to all RKIDs' events, including trips to Ireland
- Participation in performances (with certain guidelines, such as, attendance at rehearsals, approval by performance organizers, etc.)
- Attend annual meetings and vote for Directors and bylaw changes
- Inclusion on club announcements email list
- Run for a position on the Board of Directors
- Right to attend Directors meetings
Membership fees are not prorated over the course of the year.