We began as a social club in 1991, and have developed into an IRS 501(c)(3) educational and charitable non-profit corporation dedicated to these purposes:
- To promote and preserve the cultural tradition of Irish dancing, music, literature, and art.
- To focus on traditional Irish ceili and set dancing by sponsoring weekly instructional dance classes.
- To participate in community parades and in Irish and Celtic festivals.
- To present Irish dance performances at a variety of venues including senior centers, retirement homes, community functions, and public and private schools.
- To provide opportunities for its members and the local community to participate in and attend events involving Irish dancing, music, literature, and art.
We operate under bylaws, and a set of annual membership meeting guidelines. We have an all-volunteer Board of Directors, officers, and committees that make us go. Comprising the current board are (officers are shown against a green background):
|Maura S.||Chair and Coordinator|
|Kate M.||Vice-Chair and Assistant Coordinator|
Members may review the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings by contacting the Secretary.
Our committees keep us in action. The Syllabus Committee develops our list of to be taught, per this mission statement:
"To select those dances that will provide the most entertainment, enjoyment, and satisfaction to members of the Ring of Kerry Irish Dancers."